Sunday, February 3, 2013

White Chicken Chili


My crock pot has been working overtime lately. I actually have two of them, and I can barely keep one clean to use it between cooking meals. My work schedule has made it harder for me to cook as much, something I absolutely love to do, so I am so thankful that we are still able to eat really great meals that my husband can throw together during the day, or I can prepare on the weekend to be enjoyed when I come home from work.

This recipe was actually a combination of a few versions I found on Pinterest, and it turned out really good. It will definitely go into our rotation of favorites, especially in the fall and winter.

Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts (about a pound of chicken)- I used frozen and threw them right in the crockpot
 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini or great Northern beans, drained (or a mix of both kinds of beans)
1 large onion, chopped,
1 teaspoon cumin
1 packet ranch dressing mix (dry)
1 can Rotel tomotoes, undrained
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
8 oz light cream cheese
2 cans corn (I used frozen)

Directions:
Put chicken breasts in crock pot and add all other ingredients. Stir often. When it is cooked, shred chicken breasts with two forks and mix in completely with all other ingredients.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment