Sunday, September 23, 2012

Vegetable Beef Soup (Crockpot)

I LOVE vegetable beef soup, especially in the fall and winter. I have tried countless recipes, but hadn't felt like I had found THE go-to recipe. Until now. This soup resulted in what I consider the perfect fall soup, and my husband has said several times now, "Don't mess with this recipe- this is the one!" You can't argue with that.


Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs stew beef chunks
  • 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
  • 1 lb baby carrot*
  • 2 stalkscelery, with tops Sliced
  • 2 onions, Diced
  • 4 red potatoes, Diced*
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 beef bouillon cubes
  • 15 ounces corn*
  • 2 cups fresh green beans, snapped and cut into 1 inch pieces (frozen is ok)*
  • 10 ounces tomato soup
  • 10 ounces water (soup can)
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

  1. Put all ingredients in a 6 quart crock pot and stir well.
  2. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours. If you cook on low, you need a minimum of 12 hours.
  3. *One note, I used frozen veggies for the carrots, celery, potatoes, corn, and green beans. Turned out perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment