Saturday, December 15, 2012

Million Dollar Spaghetti

We eat spaghetti a lot around here, it is one of my husband's favorite meals. For me, it's an easy dinner to make, and I usually throw some frozen garlic bread in the oven, too. I use jarred sauce, my personal favorite is Newman's Own spaghetti sauces, which are all excellent.

When I came across this recipe, I was worried that it would be too rich, too heavy, and it was a little more work than my usual spaghetti dinner. But, oh my goodness, is this ever yummy. It isn't too rich at all, it has quickly become our favorite, and I honestly don't know when I will make plain old spaghetti again. For this recipe, I use whatever jarred sauce is on sale, usually something with a lot of garlic- as we are garlic lovers. I use low fat or fat free cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese, and it doesn't affect the flavor at all. (I found this recipe through Pinterest, it's original location is here).



Ingredients:
 
1 lb. of Ground Beef
1 jar of Spaghetti Sauce
8 oz of Cream Cheese
1/4 cup of Sour Cream
1/2 lb. of Cottage Cheese
Whole Stick of Butter
8 oz. of Noodles
1 1/2- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Directions: 

Set your over on 350. Boil the noodles. While they are boiling,  mix the cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese with a hand or stand mixer until completely combined. In a skillet, brown ground beef completely, drain, and then add jar of spaghetti sauce and mix together in the skillet and heat together. Take a few slices of your butter and put them in the bottom of the casserole dish, Then layer HALF of the noodles in the bottom of the dish. Pour the cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese mixture on top of the noodles and spread it across the length and width of the dish on top of the noodles. Then add the rest of the noodles and put a few slices of butter on top of those noodles. Pour the spaghetti sauce and meat mixture on top of the last layer of noodles, spreading it out evenly. Place the casserole in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Then, take the casserole out of the oven, add the shredded cheese on top, and put back in the oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment