Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cheese Tortellini Pasta Salad


I was in the grocery store one night and decided I wanted to get the ingredients to make some pasta salad. I literally googled 'pasta salad recipes' on my blackberry and read through a few and settled on this one (on myrecipes.com). What a find! This is absolutely, postively, hands down the BEST pasta salad I have ever had.
Since that night, I have made this salad so many times, my husband and I both love it, and every time I have taken it to an event or potluck, several people ask for the recipe. Make this and enjoy- and I promise you will thank me!

Ingredients: 

•  1/4  cup  balsamic vinegar
•  2  tablespoons  chopped dried tomatoes
•  1 1/2  tablespoons chopped fresh or dried rosemary
•  1  tablespoon  sugar
•  1/4  teaspoon salt
•  1/4  teaspoon  pepper
•  1/2  cup  olive oil
•  2  (9-ounce) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini, cooked, rinsed, and drained
•  1  pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
•  3  tablespoons  minced red onion
 

Preparation:

Process first 6 ingredients in a food processor; stop to scrape
down sides. With processor running, pour oil in a slow, steady stream
through food chute.Toss together tortellini, tomato halves, onion, and
dressing in a large bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment